- Most common easy and economical method.
- Preferred in wet areas like basement, water tanks etc.
- Non-toxic, provide a uniform joint-free surface.
- Can be applied on any shapes
Cement &sand mixed with organic and inorganic chemicals, silica-based ingredients.
Resistance to weathering Scratch resistant Water vapor permeability
Walls and floors of toilets and kitchen, Terraces, basement walls, water tanks, swimming pools etc.
Basic cementitious coatings do not resist water pressure are not flexible and cracks on structural movements in this case polymer and additives are added in the base mix.
Types of cementitious water proofing systems
- Polymer modified cementitious water proofing
- Acrylic polymer modified elastomeric cementitious water proofing
- Crystalline water proofing.
Polymer modified cementitious water proofing
- Base mixture is mixed with polymers to enhance adhesion, durability and withstand hydrostatic pressures.
- Can be used on areas that are stable, sound and solid, no risk of crack formation, movement or dimensional change like shrinkage.
Acrylic polymer modified elastomeric cementitious water proofing
- Polymer based water proofing are not so elastic and flexible. To enhance elastic properties, Base mixture is mixed with acrylic polymer and other additives.
- Acrylic polymer coatings are solid, durable, elastic, and non-breakable
- Can be used for stratas with water pressure and mild movements and shrinkage.
Crystalline water proofing.
- Cement, quartz, or silica treated with and chemicals are added for crystallization process,
- Process develops crystals
- Fill the pores, cracks, and capillaries in concrete and prevents seepage.